When it comes to your garage doors, routine maintenance can have a huge effect on their function and lifespan. Not only can it keep your doors running smoothly for longer and reduce the need for costly repairs, but regular service visits are critical to your safety and the security of your home or building.
First Choice Garage Doors takes pride in offering garage door maintenance services to home and business owners throughout the Maryland, Delaware and Northern Virginia areas.
Garage door maintenance should be performed at least a little bit each month, though certain tasks can be completed on an annual basis. You can take a general look at the doors to check for issues but it’s important to contact an experienced professional to ensure maintenance is taken care of properly and safely.
When you call us to schedule your garage door tune-up, you will receive an inspection, where one of our experts will:
- Tighten or replace defective bolts and nuts
- Inspect and, if necessary, tighten hardware
- Lubricate all moving parts — rollers, hinges, pulleys, and cables
- Check bottom and perimeter weather seal
- Check cables and springs for wear and fraying
- Test door balance
- Test the auto reverse feature
- Check spring tension
- And make any other adjustments that are needed
If any issues are detected during your garage door inspection, your technician will discuss your repair options with you. We’ll provide you with any garage door repairs you need to ensure safe and proper operation.